About Us

 

 

Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio gives young people the support, guidance, tools, and skills to succeed in life. We provide comprehensive, affordable after school and summer programming for youth ages 6 through 18. Membership costs just $10 per child per year and entitles youth to unlimited Club access. It is a place where great futures are started each and every day.

Our History

  1. 1948

    The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio, then called the Westside Boys Club, was founded to give boys from the Franklinton and Hilltop communities a safe space to learn, grow and have fun.

  2. 1955

    Columbus’ second Club, the Milo-Grogan Boys Club, opened on Cleveland Avenue to serve youth from the Milo-Grogan neighborhood.
    Learn more about how we are rebuilding this Club.

  3. 1970’s

    The Westside and Milo-Grogan Boys Clubs began allowing girls to join as official members.

  4. 1990

    The organization officially changed its name to Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus. 1990 also marked the completions of the Westside Club renovation creating a 12,000-square-foot teen center.

  5. 2008

    Milo-Grogan rennovations were completed adding important amenities like air conditioning and separate program spaces for juniors and teens.

  6. 2010

    Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus entered into a partnership with KIPP Journey Academy to serve an additional 200 youth at the KIPP-Connect Boys & Girls Club.

  7. 2013

    The Ohio Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs received a state grant allowing Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus to open the R.I.S.E. and South Side Boys & Girls Clubs.

  8. 2016

    The Westside Boys & Girls Club relocated from Franklinton to the Hilltop neighborhood to better serve youth and was renamed the J. Ashburn Jr. Club.

  9. 2018

    Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus expanded its reach to even more youth by merging with Boys & Girls Club of Marion County.

  10. 2019

    The Louella Hodges Reese Clubhouse opened to provide Newark youth a safe and engaging space after school and during the summer.

  11. 2020

    Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus officially changed its name to Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio, bringing its Columbus, Marion, and Newark sites under one name.  In addition, the organization launched its Investing in Great Futures campaign to rebuild its Milo Grogan Clubhouse and provide sustainability of its mission for generations to come.

Our Impact

The positive impact the Clubs have on youth in Central Ohio is impossible to ignore. Great Futures Start HERE!

View Financials

 

Our Leadership Team

Board of Directors

  • CEO Doug Wolf

  • COO Germaine McAlpine

  • CFO Angie Shock

  • CAO Juliann Garrett

  • Columbus Market Director Jermaine Kennedy, Ed.D.

  • Marion Market Director Maggie Breeding

  • Newark Market Director Amanda Vozzella, LSW

Donate Now

Board of Directors

  • Johnathan Northup
    President
    Huntington Bank

  • Laurie Kamerer
    Vice President
    Denison University

  • Bob Brokaw
    Treasurer
    Fifth Third Bank

  • Phil Goldstein
    Secretary
    Sky Climber Renewables

  • Raj Bellani
    Denison University

  • Chris Boyd
    Merill Lynch

  • Bryan Carson
    Huntington Bank

  • Melissa Crum
    Mosaic Education Network

  • Rhea Cunningham
    Feazel

  • Randy Dupler
    Dupler Office

  • Tony Garrison
    Bath & Body Works

  • David Hatcher
    The Champion Companies

  • Stephanie Infante
    Lindy Infante Foundation

  • Catherine Kennedy
    Community Volunteer

  • Assistant Chief LaShanna Potts
    Columbus Division of Police

  • Sandra Rich
    Community Volunteer

  • Chris Suel
    City of Columbus

  • Brandy Sullivan
    Alliance Data

  • Jack Trachtenberg
    FC Bank

  • Ryan Trierweiler
    Safelite AutoGlass

  • Sarah Wallace
    First Federal Savings

  • Steve Weis
    Cameron Mitchell Restaurants