Site Lead (KIPP Columbus Clubhouse)
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio (BGCCO), an Affiliate of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, enables young people to reach their full potential by providing high-quality and impactful out-of-school time programming for youth in grades K-12. BGCCO serves 4,000 youth per year throughout Central Ohio.
BGCCO is seeking a dynamic and experienced Club Director to oversee daily operations of a designated site, including program delivery, youth engagement, staff supervision, and community engagement.
Job Title: Site Lead (KIPP Columbus Clubhouse)
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Position Specific Key Roles
• Lead, Manage, Accountable (People)
• Manage School Partnership (Culture Integration)
• Administer Programs
• Brand Awareness (High Visibility)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Programs & Strategy
- Establish programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Club overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests.
- Ensure quality improvements by assisting with monitoring, data collection, and evaluation of data as it relates to program achievement.
Safety & Operations
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and appealing Club facility.
- Ensure all employees, volunteers, and other individuals follow Club safety protocol and organization procedures, policies, and standards.
- Communicate and enforce organization-wide policies, procedures, and standards.
- Supervise and mange a team of direct reports.
- Effectively manage a high performing Club team by overseeing and providing support, coaching and feedback, supervision, and guidance.
- Maintain high performance expectations for all employees that fosters a culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity, and innovation.
- Maintain accurate staff records; document meetings, staff progress, and disciplinary action.
- Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, parents and others; offers exceptional customer service experience at all times.
- Meets or exceeds attendance metrics through creative and effective recruitment efforts.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Assist with the development of the annual budget. Control expenditures against budget.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Four-year degree field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Ability to earn and maintain CPR and First Aid Certification
- Satisfactory results of a criminal background check are required
Ability to manage a fast-paced youth program environment up to 8 hours per day. Ability to move throughout program spaces during program hours to observe staff and support youth programming.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental ability, status as a disabled veteran or any other classification protected by law.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to job.