Youth Development Professional
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio (BGCCO), an Affiliate of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, enables young people to reach their full potential by providing high-quality and impactful out-of-school time programming for youth in grades K-12. BGCCO serves 4,000 youth per year throughout Central Ohio.
The Youth Development Professional (YDP) is responsible for planning and implementing nationally recognized programs created by Boys & Girls Clubs of America while promoting and encouraging program participation and engagement.
Job Title: Youth Development Professional
Job Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Club Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
Program Development & Implementation
- Build positive and appropriate relationships with members.
- Enforce member expectations at all times.
- Maintain a program area schedule that satisfies the diverse interests and abilities of Club members; ensure programming is age-appropriate.
- Maintain a program that is safe, positive, and encourages youth development through quality experiences and high standards of achievement.
- Promote the development of social and emotional skills.
- Manage classroom conduct and exhibit problem-solving skills needed to redirect behavior.
- Maintain daily and monthly attendance records during programming.
- Demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm towards Club members, parents, and visitors; offer exceptional customer service experience at all times.
- Model and encourage positive behavior and interactions between members.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming, and visually attractive program space; update displays and overall program space regularly.
- Required to drive Club van periodically;
- Work with staff on special events and/or events in other departments;
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Hours vary due to current climate. Potential combination of on site and work from home responsibilities.
Ability to work in a Club environment with possible extended periods of movement and engagement with members and staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental ability, status as a disabled veteran or any other classification protected by law.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.